Become a Great PA!
Designed for anyone who wants to improve their organisational skills and find new techniques to help their Boss effectively.
Great tips to being better organized!
This course explores the process of running a professional office and staying in control, no matter how hectic the day gets.
Keeping those around you, (especially your Boss), organized and on time can often be a challenge.
Discover how to build personal credibility, say "No" without closing doors, use techniques for better listening, dealing with difficult people and how to handle awkward situations.
Lee-Anne offers lots of useful tips and personal advice from the real world.
Course Outline - 1 Day
What the manager expects
- What makes an effective Executive Assistant?
- The main tasks of a PA
- The key skills of a PA
- How to get your manager to communicate clearly and give good instructions.
- Working with more than one manager
Communication and influencing skills
- What is effective communication
- How we communicate
- Active listening skills
- Questing techniques to minimise time-wasting
- Verbal & non-verbal communication
Understanding your working style
- Identify your preferred working style
- Understanding the preferred working style of your manager.
- Comparing the two working styles and developing coping strategies how we can work better together.
Understanding your manager
- Identifying your manager’s pressures, goals and objectives.
- Thinking from your manager’s perspective
- Managing your manager - common difficulties & how to cope
- What does being assertive mean?
- Useful phrases to help you get your point across in a non-aggressive way…
- Easier ways to say "no", without feeling guilty.
Organisation skills for the busy executive assistant
- Planning & organising your time
- Prioritising your work
- Managing your manager’s time management!
- Diary management -using outlook effectively
Organising effective meetings
- Effective event management
- Preventing unnecessary meetings
Successful travel panning
- Developing a ‘travel care’ package
- Useful travel websites
Top tips to be a great PA
- Useful websites to help you organise
- Systems that work…
Sharing good practices
- Your chance to network and share your valuable experiences with other PAs
Up-coming Open / Public Courses:-
Thursday 28th June 2012 in Norwich Book Now for only £235
Wednesday 10th October in Norwich Book Now for only £235