Get your Money in Faster!
Designed for anyone who is responsible for chasing payments.
Don’t let your company be a free bank for your customers!
Lee-Anne worked as a Credit Controller for a number of years, and gives you first-hand advice from the role.
This course explores the process of chasing for payment, and is specifically designed to help anyone who is responsible for obtaining payment from clients. It covers such important areas as listening skills, questioning skills, negotiations techniques and assertiveness.
Lee-Anne offers many personal hints and tips from the real world.
Develop an effective Credit Control Strategy that really works!
Course Outline - 1 Day
- The role of a Credit Controller.
- The Credit Control Process
- Understanding your Customer’s needs
- Steps for effective listening
- Practical Exercises
- Practical questioning techniques
- Phrasing open and closed questions to get information
- What is “Assertiveness”?
- Why is assertive behaviour important?
- The impact of assertive behaviour
- Using the correct words
- Powerful phrases to get your message across
- Phrases to use with confidence
- Language to avoid
Preparing for the Call
- First Impressions
- Information gathering prior to the call
- Importance of Voice
- Vocal Techniques
- Dealing with a variety of clients
- The many reasons for non-payment
- Dealing with evasion, delays and complainers
Making the Call
- Asking for payment
- Dealing with the difficult customer
- Guiding the customer to a state in which they will agree payment
- Engaging with people
- Structure of a call
- Understanding the Rule of Reciprocity
- Levels of negotiation
- Small Claims Court & Debt Collection Agencies